Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Wedding Files: The ceremony



I still remember the feeling I had walking down the aisle towards Will. I was so excited and overwhelmed that I could barely hold his gaze – it was such an unreal feeling. My parents walked me down the aisle to Dream by Priscilla Ahn. I love the tradition of a father walking his daughter down the aisle, but I love that my mum could share that special moment as well.



The church looked incredible, better even than we had hoped it would. A lot of people congratulated me on turning such a corporate-y building into a beautiful wedding setting, but I really couldn’t take the praise. Will was 90% of the brains behind it, and his groomsmen provided the muscle (yes, those 4m trees were very very heavy).



Our dear friend Jess read a beautiful scripture for us – Colossians 3:12-17, in the Message version. My favourite line was ‘… and regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It’s your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it.’ It is such a meaningful, challenging and practical passage that means a lot to us. You can read the entire thing here.



Before we said our vows, we shared a few things we loved about each other. Those few moments were so incredibly special. We said our vows, we exchanged rings, and then, hurrah!! We were husband and wife.



Will is pretty sure he jumped the gun and kissed me before Ps Murray had finished saying he could, but it was such a blur and we haven’t seen the video yet, so who knows?



Another special moment was having our families join us on stage, to pray over us and give us big hugs. With family overseas, it really is a once-in-a-life-time moment having our parents and grandparents all there with us.


Hooray! Mr and Mrs Swanson. We left the building to Alexander Fairchild’s Very First Time and then came a mega-hug fest with so many people we love.


Photos by Hailey and Andrew of You Can't Be Serious


Next up: The dinner party

No comments:

Post a Comment