Thursday, July 19, 2012

the last hurrah

My mum, my sister and I headed south to Sydney for our last girls weekend before Will and I move. We spent our days playing tourists, and our evenings ordering room service and watching Downton Abbey. It really rocked!

We stayed in Circular Quay and walked everywhere. The Museum of Contemporary Art. The Opera House. The Sunday markets. The Guylian Chocolate Cafe. The Aquarium. We also jumped on a ferry and spent a beautiful sunshiney day at Manley. Our lunch at The Pantry was delicious!

It was so nice to have no schedule and no rush, just to follow our noses wherever we pleased. One afternoon we headed across to the Dendy to see 'Where do we go now'. I think it would have to be the best foreign film I've ever seen and have been raving about it to anyone who will listen.

Girl time is so good. I don't think I can yet imagine how much I will miss these two in the coming months. This trip was just what we needed - some good old fashioned quality time together and some wonderful memories to hold tight. I love my mum and sister.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment