Saturday, July 2, 2011

RADelaide

Last weekend, Mum and I got up at 4am on Saturday morning, to be greeted at our front door at 5am by Will, to get to the airport by 5:30am for a 6:30am flight to ADELAIDE!





We were off on a mother-daughter trip to visit family friends. Their eldest daughter, Grace (8), is my goddaughter, and last weekend was her First Communion. Given I'm not Anglican, I had to read up a bit on what that even meant, but it was really special to spend some time with Grace and her little sister Emma.





We went to the park, saw the ducks, drank lots of hot chocolates, played hide-and-seek in the rose bushes, made electrical circuits, visited the most incredible State Library, wandered through the Museum, hurried through Art Gallery, cuddled with Henri the Cat, enjoyed a fancy dinner party, picked mandarins from the garden, played with the most amazing dolls house, and of course, headed off to church on Sunday morning.





Needless to say, I'm glad to be a 'grown up' - life as a little human is BUSY, and tagging along made me sleepy. I've spent this past week taking naps in an effort to recuperate. But there's nothing like a little interstate interlude to mix things up!




And can I please have a house just like this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment