Friday, May 20, 2011

'Very lemony' lemon slice


So what do you do when life gives you lemons and buckets down rain before your outdoor engagement party? You make lemon slice! I practiced my house-hubby skills and used this random recipe (I have no idea how I found it) for lemon slice. As you know - the girl loves anything with lemons it!

First I made the base, which was the scariest part creaming the butter and sugar that wasn't quite room temperature. Thank goodness the 'artisan' was in fine form!
Then plonked it in the tray and into the oven to cook and go light brown for 15 minutes
While the base was baking I made the super lemony filler with lemon juice and zest - from five freakin lemons. that's a lot of elbow grease...
I poured the filler over the base, and two became one. Then put it back in the oven for 30 minutes.
I had so much filler I put the left overs in some ramekins and added crushed peanuts as a base in the bottom (that's all I could find!).
Turned out pretty great for my first ever attempt at baking sweeties!

(Babe they're ready when you get home from work :)

1 comment:

  1. seriously, where did you come from?! ah-maz-ing!

    ReplyDelete